Actions and Detail Panel
Science Fiction sound night with VCS3 synths!
Tue 13 December 2016, 18:00 – 21:00 EST
Please not that this is therefore a special event for all women and girls. If you are interested in the synths and the technology please contact email@example.com who can provide information about University of Huddersfield open day events or visits to modular synth events where you can have a demonstration and see the EMS synths.
The evening will include:
- Brief introduction to radiophonic workshop and some science fiction sound creation techniques.
- A moment on listening and hearing in preparation for composition.
- Introduction to to VCS3 vintage EMS synths.
- Plenty of time for recording sound objects using H4n Zoom handheld microphones and audio out from the synths, before and composing a soundscape/radio broadcast/sonic art work on a digital audio workstation (using Logic Pro X).
- Final sharing of works.
The event is completely free
- Age: 11+ (usually we attract women but we also really really want to encourage girls and teenagers to come and get some hands on experience as part of our community).
- Level: Beginner but you're also welcome if your have any prior experience. More advanced practitioners are encouraged to mentor and facilitate new learning experiences.
- Time/Date: Tuesday December 13th 2016, 18:00 to 21:00 (or as long as you can stay)
- Venue: University of Huddersfield
- Cost: Free, but registration is required. Sometimes places come available at the last minute so if the event is full please add your name to the wait list.