Actions and Detail Panel
Science – not a tick box in sight! Assessment without levels in Primary Sci...
Thu 17 November 2016, 09:15 – 16:00 GMT
Who is the course for?
Teaching staff in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Aims of the course
This course focuses on the meaningful assessment of ‘secure’ and ‘greater depth’ learning in primary science. Through participation in a range of active learning strategies, you will leave the course equipped to adapt these strategies for use across the primary age range within your own school setting.
This course will include:
- Introduction to an assessment matrix that can be used from Y1-Y6 and can be used to inform any current assessment systems
- Clarity on what constitutes ‘secure’ and ‘greater depth’ learning in science
- A bank of active and creative assessment strategies
- The promotion of higher order thinking skills
- Stimulating curiosity as a key to learning
- Opportunities to plan and apply strategies within own settings
Emma Davies has taught across the primary age range and currently teaches in a Year 5 class at Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy in York. She is an SLE for the Ebor Teaching School Alliance and also the Primary Science Specialist for the Ebor Academy Trust. Emma delivers lively, interactive courses, bursting with active learning ideas and activities that can be adapted across the primary age range.
Payment can be made by credit/debit card, cheque or invoice