Actions and Detail Panel
Scotland's Transport: A Sustainable Future
Wed 26 April 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 BST
Business in the Community Scotland, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Rabbie’s invite you to join us for a networking session where you can meet the experts who have led the way in developing sustainable travel practices within their companies.
Whilst events can affect your business in the short term, it is the big issues facing our society, communities, people and environment which ultimately shape your business over the long term.
This session will provide insights into the methodology required to create a successful sustainable travel approach and how it will impact your business now and in the future. Knowledge and experience will be shared about how commercial companies and communities in Scotland have been advantaged by sustainable travel, and new ideas will be generated for ways we can continue to benefit. In addition, we will address how we can contribute towards Scotland being a leader in sustainable travel for visitors to our country.
Guest speakers include:
- Diane Mulholland; General Manager/Vice President for Enterprise Rent-A-Car Scotland & Northern Ireland
- David Scott; Content Manager for Rabbie’s
Additional experts and guest speakers to be confirmed shortly.
This BITC Scotland event is kindly being hosted by our award-winning members; Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Rabbie’s. It is free to attend and includes a networking lunch from 12 noon.
Who should attend?
The event is designed for anyone with an interest or responsibility for driving change or environmental performance within your organisation or amongst your wider community.
If you want to learn more about how travel sustainability issues are shaping your organisations marketplace or impacting your wider community, this event will allow you to gain an understanding of the latest thinking, current threats and opportunities. In addition, you will be able to network and discuss your own challenges with peers.
This session is open to businesses of all sizes and sectors. It may be of particular interest to those working in the following roles or teams:
corporate social responsibility, environment/sustainability fleet/facilities, procurement/supply chain, marketing/strategy.
What will you get out of attending?
After attending this session, attendees should:
- Understand what sustainable travel means for your company and have an awareness of the economic, environmental and social benefits
- Understand which tools and approaches to use to drive and measure change
- Acquire practical techniques for getting internal buy-in from the top to the bottom of the company
- Ability to identify the changes your business can make, how to prioritise the issues and manage change projects
Your organisation will benefit from:
- An effective identification of sustainable travel goals
- A more efficient and effective approach to developing products or services to improve your environmental impact
- Understanding how to integrate sustainable travel within your corporate responsibility plan
- Knowing the skills and experience your workforce could develop through a sustainable travel practice
- Being aware of the social benefits from local community impact of sustainable travel practice
When and where?
Venue: Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation (ECCI)
Date: Wednesday 26th April 2017
Timings: Registration from 9:30am (light refreshments served)
Event between 10am-12noon
Networking lunch between 12noon-1pm
This is an ideal networking opportunity for yourself, your colleagues, and your business associates so please share this invitation and encourage them to register. Places are limited; it is advised to book as soon as possible to secure all spaces you require.