Actions and Detail Panel
Sat, 10 Dec 2016, 15:00 – Sun, 1 Jan 2017, 18:00 CET
What: Screen Printing Workshop
When: 7th of May // from 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Pimp your own tote bags
Screen printing is a great technique which can be used to apply designs to lots of different items whether they be t-shirts, cushions or bags. Designer Sarah Kennedy will teach from scratch, the basics of textile screen printing: how to design a successful screen print with colour, type and how to work with a screen, stencil and squeegee. Participants will leave with the confidence of wanting to work and experiment further with the technique, as well as an amazing bag, printed with their very own design! The course is 3 hours in length, taught in English and is suitable for 7 people.
- The course starts with a meet and greet.
- An introduction to screen printing and the different screen printing techniques.
- A focus on the paper stencil technique the course will use and a demonstration.
- The colours and binder we use and how to work with them.
- Ideas for working with type, colour and scale.
- Participants designing their own design with 1 on 1 feedback and advice on how to make each unique print amazing
- Printing the designs (the mega fun bit!) Each participant will be able to print up to 3 colours onto a supplied canvas bags (they can also bring in additional t-shirts, bags to print on, we can print the same print up to 3 times)
- Not to mention cleaning screens, working together, extra top tips, Q and A.
All inks, paper and screen printing supplies will be provided. Participants can bring their favourite pencils and pens and also any ideas for their designs! It is also advisable to bring old clothes to wear as the inks we use will stain fabrics.
INSTRUCTOR: JOSEPHINE BRUSE
Josephine Bruse works as a berlin-based artist on various graphics. She is spreading word and picture by stencil & screen printing since 2011. Ask for collaboration at JBruse@gmx.de
WHERE AT BETAHAUS?
Once you arrive, pass by the bar in the Cafe and you will find Open Design City in front of you!
Drop a line to email@example.com
A free cancellation of your order is possible until 7 days before the workshop/ course starts.
A cancellation within 7-0 days before the workshop/ course will be charged with 100% of the ticket price.
In case of illness you have to hand in a doctors certificate. Then we can refund you 100%
Please note: In the event of a refund (for any reason) the booking fee for the relevant event will not be refunded by Billetto.