Actions and Detail Panel
Seafood Futures Forum
Wed 26 April 2017, 09:00 – 11:00 CEST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The power of partnership and how certification is transforming the seafood market (with online broadcast)
Join us for our annual global commercial update and discussion.
Between 09:00 and 11:00 CET on Wednesday 26th April the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) will host the annual Seafood Futures Forum at Seafood Expo Global.
Join us online or in person for updates from the ASC and MSC, a keynote presentation from Lidl International and panel discussion with industry leaders Mars Petcare, Simplot, Sanford, Followfish and Aqua Spark.
The discussion will be moderated by Emiko Terazono, Commodities Correspondent at the Financial Times.
Can't make it? Select the 'Attend Online' ticket option to watch a live broadcast.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Judith Kontny, International CSR Manager, Lidl
- Volker Kuntzsch, CEO, Sanford
- Manni Kalisperis, Procurement Manager, John West Australia (Simplot)
- Isabelle Aelvoet, Global Sustainability Director, Mars Petcare
- Jürg Knoll, CEO, Followfish
- Stephanie Rakels, Investment Manager, Aqua Spark
- Rupert Howes, Chief Executive and Nicolas Guichoux, Global Commercial Director, MSC
- Chris Ninnes, Chief Executive and Esther Luiten, Commercial Director, ASC
For those attending Brussels, join us for a networking breakfast from 0830-0900.
- 0900-0915: Opening remarks from Rupert Howes and Chris Ninnes
- 0915-0945: Commercial update from Nicolas Guichoux and Esther Luiten
- 0945-1000: Keynote address
- 1000-1100: Moderated panel discussion
For those attending Brussels, you are then welcome to join us for further networking until 1130. Plus visit our stand 7-1553 any time during the show.
This year’s theme: The power of partnership
As MSC celebrates its 20th anniversary and ASC marks 7 years, we will reflect on our journey and share our plans for the years ahead.
Safeguarding seafood supplies, livelihoods and habitats relies on partnership between retailers, brands, producers and NGOs. ASC and MSC are creating opportunities for partnership, leading to lasting positive impacts.
The forum will explore the challenges and opportunities arising from partnership, including the role of Aquaculture and Fisheries Improvement Projects, the influence of market actors and the power of joint-marketing in building and strengthening consumer awareness and demand.
We’ll consider what the future may hold for the industry given new partnerships, developments and trends.