Actions and Detail Panel
Seaside Walk Week Scarborough SEAFEST 2017 (Sat)
Sat 22 July 2017, 10:00 – 12:00 BST
Join us for a unique walking event at Scarborough SEAFEST to launch Seaside Walk Week and help raise funds for the Family Holiday Association and the Rotary Club of Scarborough Cavaliers.
The walk and rock pooling sessions will be guided by our friends at Hidden Horizons, revealing the secrets of the Scarborough foreshore and history of the North Yorkshire town.
Starting from Scarborough Spa, be prepared to meet lots of creatures that live on the foreshore today from crabs to fish and seaweed. Plus you will discover 165million year old dinosaur footprints in the Jurassic rocks of Scarborough.
Walks will proceed at a gentle pace and are ideal for families of all ages!
All equipment is supplied but for the rock-pooling you will need wellies or old shoes, bare feet are not a good idea as the rocks are sharp and slippery. Refreshments will be available from Scarborough Spa.
The walk is also taking place on Sunday 23 July. If you would prefer to book for this date please click here.
TIMINGS: 9:30am for a 10:00am start. Walk and activities will last approx 2 hours.
Seaside Walk Week, organised by the Family Holiday Association, is a week of events celebrating the wonders of the British seaside, paying tribute to the magic of family holidays by the sea and encouraging the nation to explore the Great British coastline with family and friends.
As Britain’s first seaside resort, the North Yorkshire town of Scarborough is the natural choice for the launch of Seaside Walk Week 2017.
All income from walker registration will be split between the Family Holiday Association and the Rotary Club of Scarborough Cavaliers.
Our thanks to Hidden Horizons, Scarborough Borough Council, Scarborough SEAFEST, Scarborough Hospitality Association, Scarborough Spa and Welcome to Yorkshire without which the walks would not be possible.
- Tickets are non-refundable or transferrable.
- Details are correct at time of publication but may be subject to change at short notice.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants take part at their own risk.
- It is the responsibility of participants to ensure that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part. Participants should seek advice from their GP or a healthy professional if they are unsure.
- The route will include walking over the beach and rocks and is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain and weather conditions should be worn.