Behind every successful Chief Executive Officer is a secretary that makes sure everything is attended to each day. Whether your company is in the field of telecommunications, food or retail for example, executive secretaries play a pivotal role in your operations. Without a secretary or executive PA to schedule these, someone in your business may miss an important meeting or find themselves with a scheduling conflict. Of course these problems can limit productivity and even cost the company money or other resources.
These are just some of the many reasons why it is important to have competent secretaries attending to your top officers. Becoming a top PA is so important that this role must be recognised and further developed. Good quality and effective business administration courses, secretarial courses and PA courses are what is needed with a focus on secretarial pa development.
What you learn:
During this two day course you will develop a learning based action plan to take back to your workplace ensuring that you can put the learning in to action as soon as you are back at your desk.
The knowledge and practical skills you will learn include:
- Planning & Organisation
- Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Meetings and Presentations
- Departmental Improvement Suggestions
During the course you cover:
During this interactive, linked and practical secretary/PA development course you will learn:
Planning & Organisation
- Time management skills
- Using a time management matrix
- Planning & prioritising workloads
- Managing workloads to meet time lines
- Eliminating time wasters
- Setting SMART objectives
- Motivate yourself to use time creatively and productively
- Managing self and others
- Effective delegation
- Performance management
- Building relationships
- Managing day to day situations
- Action plans based around planning, organising and management skills
- Spoken communication – overview of telephone, face to face, body language, tone & words
- Written communication – overview of business writing, composing professional emails, faxes, memos, letters
- Being assertive and not aggressive in the workplace
- Saying no assertively
- Understanding assertiveness
- Meeting preparation
- Overview of successful minute taking
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Action plans linked to communication, assertiveness and meetings
- Departmental Improvement Suggestions
Save This Event
When & Where
We are a provider of professional business training courses; designed for companies who want to train their staff as well as individuals who are seeking their own personal development. We offer essential courses in time management, negotiation skills, leadership, stress management, effective communication, marketing and much more!
Browse over 100 courses and qualifications whether it be Personal Development, Management, Sales or Finance training you are after, we have course to suit.
Visit our Website for full details, Taylor Mason Training provides both open public courses in a wide range of disciplines and internal, tailored courses to match your company’s specific technical requirements. Our current portfolio includes technical (upstream) and software courses. You will learn from our training team who are themselves industry-recognised experts and who combine practical skills, commitment, and enthusiasm to answer a range of challenges faced every day.
Furthermore, Taylor Mason Training is proud to say that several of our instructors are trainers , an independent endorsement to confirm that our training is of the highest professional standard.
If you’d like to register your interest in any course, in any location around the world, then please get in touch with your suggestion.
lor Mason Training delivers professional and accredited training & development solutions to a wide range of organisations across the spectrum, encompassing FTSE 100 companies, Public sector organisations through to SMEs.