Secrets of successful self-publishing
Sunday, January 19, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
A one-day workshop aimed at anyone who wants to learn how to be successful at self-publishing
In this dynamic seminar, you will learn the secrets of how to successfully self-publish your book including: how to ensure your book is the best it can be, how to evaluate and choose service providers, what you should do yourself and when to use professionals, how to maximize your chances of selling your book once it is published, and how to avoid expensive mistakes.
• How self-publishing, and independent authors, fit into the current publishing eco-system
• Prerequisites of successful self-publishing
• How to self-publish ebooks & sell them online, including formatting, major book distribution sites and pricing
• How to self-publish in print, using print on demand or small print runs
• How to evaluate self-publishing services and how to avoid the most expensive mistakes
• The business side of self-publishing including timelines, budgets, the entrepreneurial mindset and psychological aspects
• Top tips on marketing your self-published book
Joanna Penn is the independent author of ARKANE thrillers, Pentecost, Prophecy and Exodus, as well as the non-fiction book, Career Change. Joanna's site for writers www.TheCreativePenn.com has been voted one of the Top 10 blogs for writers and self-publishers and offers articles, audio and video on writing, publishing and book marketing. Joanna is also an Advisor to the Alliance of Independent Authors and a professional speaker. Connect with Joanna on twitter @thecreativepenn
Date: Sunday 19 January 2014
Location: The Guardian, 90 York Way, King's Cross, London N1 9GU
Price: £150 (includes VAT, booking fee, lunch and refreshments)
Event capacity: 30
Tickets may be refunded if you contact us at least 7 days before the course start date. Please see our terms and conditions for more information on our refund policy.
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.