Actions and Detail Panel
Securing Effective Teaching for All: Expert Views on the New CPD Standards
Wed 8 February 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
The Teacher Development Trust is proud to present this one-day conference on the new Standard for Teachers' Professional Development from the Department for Education.
Our charity has long been campaigning for better professional development in schools and colleges. This event will help you understand how the new Standard will drive a significant change in what is expected, whether you are a teacher, school leader, training provider or consultant.
The event will cover:
- How the new Standard can be used to improve the design and implementation of teacher development.
- Steps that schools can take to use the Standard as a powerful tool for school improvement
- The new role of CPD Providers and how they can develop their practice to align with the new approach.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from high profile speakers including:
- Dame Alison Peacock (Headteacher of Wroxham School, CEO of College of Teaching)
- David Weston (CEO of Teacher Development Trust, Chair of DfE Expert CPD Group)
- Shaun Allison (Author, Deputy Headteacher of Durrington High School)
- Kathryn Morgan (Deputy Headteacher of Coleshill Heath School, UKEdChat ambassador)
This full-day event will be held at Quintin Kynaston, London on Wednesday 8th February 2017 from 9.30 - 4.00pm.
The conference costs £195 (or £95 for TDT Members) and includes refreshments and lunch. Numbers are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.