Actions and Detail Panel
Securing high quality leadership effectiveness with Dr Stephen Hopkins (Ses...
Tue 16 May 2017, 09:00 – 16:30 BST
Securing high quality leadership effectiveness - a development programme for leaders
This is a unique opportunity to participate in an accredited ‘bespoke’ leadership development programme devised and facilitated by Dr. Stephen Hopkins, a highly skilled and experienced school improvement professional and education consultant, in association with:
The Institute of Leadership and Management
Key features of the programme
The programme will enable participants to:
- Understand the key requirements of highly effective strategic leadership; leadership of people; and organisational management;
- Understand how their personal/professional attributes have a significant impact on their effectiveness in the above areas;
- Develop Personal Leadership Improvement Action Plans to strengthen their leadership effectiveness.
- Involves participants with a wide range of leadership experience – those with headship experience, these aspiring to become Head Teachers and those with middle management experience aspiring to become senior managers.
- Involves compulsory attendance at a number of one-day sessions (number to be decided/agreed)
- Involves participants having a ‘line manager’ coach/mentor in their school who has a responsibility to help the participants to maximise the impact of the programme on their development and on the work of the school.
- Incorporates the use of two psychometric tools to provide participants with insights into their thinking and behaviours and to enable a degree of impact measurement.
- The content of the programme will be mapped to the L.E.A.D TSA Leadership Framework.
- The content of the programme is delivered through a number of focused facilitated workshops built into the one-day sessions.
- Involves participants in undertaking a school-based ‘change project’ for the duration of the programme.
- Participants will be invited to use a range of tools to gather 360o feedback from their colleagues to support their self-evaluation and improvement action-planning.
- The sign-posting of relevant further reading and video clips etc will be built into each of the programme sessions.
The programme is six days in total over the year.
Course Leader – Dr Stephen Hopkins, School improvement professional and educational consultant
9.00am - 4.30pm – L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, 5a The Ropewalk, Nottingham NG1 5DU
Dates: Friday 4th November 2016
Friday 9th December 2016
Tuesday 7th February 2017
Thursday 30th March 2017
Tuesday 16th May 2017
Thursday 6th July 2017
£450 for L.E.A.D. TSA Members (£400 additional place)
£525 for non-TSA Members (£475 additional place)
Additional charge for all participants for accreditation: £135