Yoga Basics moves at a slower pace to break down classic yoga postures and focus on aligning the body, breath, and mind. But, don’t let the “basics” fool you! Come prepared to sweat as we open up and work different areas of the body. No prior yoga experience necessary.
The nearest tube stations are Old Street and Angel. Classes take place at a private studio. N1 7SZ. Complete address will be sent upon booking. Please contact Elisa with any questions.
What you can expect:
- Slower paced 75 minute hatha vinyasa class flowing through classic yoga postures
- Semi-private (3-5 students) environment lending to more personalised modifications and variations
- A physical practice that will cultivate strength, flexibility, balance, and increased awareness
- Breathing practices for efficient movement and deep relaxation
- suitable for practitioners of all levels (including first-timers!)
Why practice yoga?
- You'll develop an awareness of your body that you never knew possible! Each week, you'll become stronger, more flexible and balanced (and I don't only mean being able to stand on one leg!)
- As an essential to a cross-training regimen, yoga re-balances the body and improves flexibility to reduce the chances of injury and encourage faster recovery
- To learn to breathe better! This means a calmer nervous system, reduced blood pressure, less stress, and better sleep.
- The inner awareness and mindfulness you cultivate on the mat will eventually spread to other aspects of your life, helping you develop healthy habits and happy relationships.
REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
When & Where
Elisa was first drawn to yoga while living in New York City, where her mat became an oasis of calm and clarity. Inspired by her teachers, she completed her yoga teacher training at Laughing Lotus Yoga Center (200-RYT). As her practice deepened, she found herself drawn to the therapeutic applications of yoga, especially as it pertained to pregnancy. After moving to London, she pursued this interest and earned her pregnancy yoga teacher certification with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Lisa White at Yogacampus. She currently teaches basics, open-level, pregnancy and postnatal classes in London.
Elisa’s primary style is Vinyasa, and its flow-like qualities are evident no matter the class type. Her classes are highlighted by intelligent sequencing and creative movement to nurture a continuously evolving practice, suitable for practitioners of all levels. She is forever grateful for every step, whether forward or back, that has ultimately guided her on this path called life.
Elisa is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance UK. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance UK. For more information contact ElisaLeeYoga@gmail.com. ElisaLeeYoga.com