Actions and Detail Panel
Seminar: Maladministration, service failure and dealing with complaints
Dates: Bristol 5/10/2016, Bevan Brittan LLP, Kings Orchard, 1 Queen Street, BS2 0HQ, Bristol
Birmingham 12/10/2016, Bevan Brittan LLP, Interchange Place, Edmund Street, B3 2TA, Birmingham
Leeds 13/10/2016, Leeds MET Hotel, King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HQ
London 19/10/2016, Bevan Brittan LLP, Fleet Place House, 2 Fleet Place, Holborn Viaduct, EC4M 7RF, London
Registration: 09:30 - 10:00
Seminar: 10:00 - 12:30 followed by lunch
This seminar will look at dealing with complaints from the public and investigations by the Local Government Ombudsman. We will cover the LGO's statutory scheme as well as more practical issues around complaint handling.
- Update from the LGO
- The definition of maladministration;
- The LGO's approach to service failure;
- The meaning of injustice;
- Matters outside of the LGO's jurisdiction;
- Procedure and conduct of investigations;
- Complaints handling
- Dealing with unreasonable complainant behaviour;
- Investigation outcomes and remedies; and
- Learning from complaints and investigations.
- Virginia Cooper, Partner at Bevan Brittan LLP
- Olivia Carter, Senior Associate at Bevan Brittan LLP
- Nigel Ellis, Local Government Ombudsman
- Sharon Chappell, Local Government Ombudsman
Who Should Attend?
- Legal Officers
- Customer Services Officers
- Complaints Handlers
This seminar is FREE CPD points: 2.5 Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited and are often over subscribed. Our clients get priority over non clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily over subscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch with you within 3 working days
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Absolutely. Feel free to forward them this invitation and ask them to register.
I really want to attend but can't make the date. Will you repeat this event? Even though we may not repeat the specific event we will be holding other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.