Actions and Detail Panel
SEND Outcomes Training 28th March 2017
Tue 28 March 2017, 09:45 – 16:00 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This is a workshop for parents of children and young people with SEND. It covers Education, Health and Care needs assessments and outcomes. The aim is to equip you with information and skills so that the assessment process is as worthwhile as possible.
It is suitable for you to attend if:
- you wish to make a request for an EHC needs assessment, or a request has been made by your child’s early years setting, school or college. In most cases this will be because your child is already receiving a high level of SEN Support and is not making progress. If you do not know whether an EHC needs assessment is right for your child, please contact Bucks SEND IAS Service on 01296 383754 or email@example.com for a scheduled call with one of our advisers before signing up to this course. We will be offering a new course on SEN Support very soon.
- your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs and will be having a Transfer Review to consider whether he or she is eligible for an EHC Plan.
The programme has been developed by Olga Hamer, an expert trainer, ASD specialist and member of FACT Bucks, and is provided by Bucks SENDIAS in partnership with FACT Bucks.
The training features activities, visual aids and opportunities for discussion.
This event is aimed at Buckinghamshire parents and carers who have not attended this type of workshop before. Please note that priority will be given to those who have not previously attended. If you have already attended this workshop please contact us to discuss your on-going training needs.
This event is not suitable for children to attend.
Please ensure that the correct email address is entered when making your booking as you will receive an automated email to confirm your place. If you do not receive an email of confirmation within 10 minutes of completing your booking please contact us as your booking may not have been registered, which could result in you losing your place on the workshop. Please do check your spam folders before contacting us.
If you are unable to attend the workshop please cancel your ticket as soon as possible using Eventbrite so that your place can be allocated to another parent or carer. Please also kindly let us know so that we have accurate numbers for catering in order to avoid wastage.
There will be a variety of free resources available. In addition there will be specialist SEN cards available to purchase on the day should you wish to do so, at a cost of £12.99. Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted.
This course is provided in partnership between Bucks SEND IAS Service and FACT Bucks, the parent carer forum for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND): http://www.factbucks.org.uk/
Please note that Bucks SEND IAS Service will share the personal details you have provided with FACT Bucks. Bucks SEND IAS Service and FACT Bucks may contact you again in future about matters relating to SEND. If you do not consent to this, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org Your details will not be shared with any other third parties without your consent.
Access/Inclusion and Special Requirements
Bucks SENDIAS and FACT Bucks are commited to ensuring equal access for all. The training room is on the ground floor with level access to the venue and fully accessible toilets and parking. If you would like to discuss specific requirements, please contact us.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please use the free parking which is available at the Community Centre next to the school.
- Driving from Buckingham along London Road towards Winslow, go straight across the first roundabout for Tesco and turn left at the next roundabout into Needlepin Way
- OR coming from Winslow turn right at the first roundabout into Needlepin Way
- Take the 4th right onto Catchpin Street
- The Academy is at the end of Catchpin Street
The nearest bus stop is for the Tesco superstore on London Road, served by the Arriva bus service X60 route which runs between Aylesbury and Milton Keynes. Details of the bus timetable can be found on the Arriva website https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/beds-and-bucks/ Follow directions for driving (above) after getting off the bus at the Tesco stop.
What should I bring to the event?
You may wish to bring paper and a pen to make notes.
A sandwich lunch will be provided; please advise us at the time of booking of any special dietary requirements.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email email@example.com or telephone 01296 383754 if you have any questions prior to the event.