Trainer: Lorraine Forrest-Turner - a CIPR Accredited Practitioner and Trainer
This workshop will show you how to produce engaging, high-quality online content. You will learn about the ‘golden rules’ of online writing, as well as the basic principles of SEO – search engine optimisation. You will learn how to incorporate these into writing news stories, media releases, blog posts or sales copy.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in learning about online writing, as well as practitioners responsible for content management and producing online copy.
What to expect?
• a highly participative workshop, limited to 10 delegates
• practical advice on how to approach writing for online platforms
• to work with real-life examples
Participation in the workshop will provide you with the knowledge to:
• understand how and why people use online media
• recognise the difference between writing for digital media and for other platforms
• make your online writing scannable, concise and objective
• write for both humans and machines
• understand search engine optimisation and how to use it
• structure blog posts, tweets, online news stories and other online communications
• create shareable content
About the trainer
Lorraine Forrest-Turner is a freelance communication skills trainer and a copywriter. She writes a wide range of printed and online publications for clients in the automotive, property, IT, healthcare and financial markets.
Lorraine has worked across all facets of the 'words' business – journalist, PR consultant, in-house PR manager and freelance copywriter. Before becoming a professional writer, she qualified in audiology and worked with the deaf and hard-of-hearing within the NHS. She then trained in performing arts and has transferred all of these communication skills into her training courses. She is also the author of four published stage plays.
At the event, non members will have the opportunity to request a special discount code that will allow them to join the CIPR without paying the joining fee.
Note that no refunds or credits will be issued for any delegate cancelling a place after 4 May 2015, although you may send a substitute.
For more information or if you have any problems with the payment system, please email Linda O’Neil, CIPR NW’s group administrator, at email@example.com or call 0845 331 2287.
When & Where
CIPR North West
Events and training from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations in the North West.