Service Transformation Programme: Leading in a Volatile World
In today’s global climate, service organisations are dealing with growing volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. Add to that economic challenges, and service leaders need better understanding to navigate their teams and organisations.
What is the course?
In leading in a volatile world, you will understand the four dimensions of complexity:
- the problems we have to solve are complex;
- the organisation is a living thing;
- we are part of a whole system of partners and suppliers; and
- how people think is often as important as 'the reality'.
Based on fifteen years of experience in complex service delivery and consultancy, this powerful course addresses the four dimensions of complexity to help service organisation leaders gain vision and clarity in order to navigate their organisations with confidence.
What would you learn from this course?
We believe management problems can no longer be solved by direction, leading from expertise, and situational authority. In this one day course, we support public sector leaders to understand how they can effectively lead today’s employees to deal with the complexity inside and outside the organisation. As an attendee in this course, you will:
- learn about organisational complexity;
- learn from real examples of how instinctive human reactions in complex organisations can challenge working collaboratively;
- learn about tools and approaches so others respond positively by default to collaborative working;
- learn about experiences of 'having' and 'not having' responsibility;
- learn through real experience on how you ‘show up’ as a manager in dealing with complexity, and learn a series of techniques to help you manage situation when nobody ‘knows the answer’;
- learn about how leadership shapes culture in your organisation and how you can ‘manage from the minds of your followers’ to predict and shape positive responses;
- learn about a clear vision of what people need today to work effectively in complexity.
How would you benefit from the course?
The course provides a highly interactive experience to demonstrate how leadership can be provided in complex conditions. After this course, you will be able to distinguish between technical (complicated) and adaptive (complex) problems – and be able to adopt different leadership styles to deal with the problems. You will leave the course with several ideas and a concrete plan on how to apply these tools and techniques to measure the impact of your leadership
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for senior leaders, service managers and team managers who lead teams in delivering services. This includes services from local government, healthcare, probation and housing associations
Benjamin Taylor is a Managing Partner and founder of RedQuadrant. Benjamin is an experienced adviser to board level managers and politicians across service industries, with knowledge ranging from performance management to strategic policy alignment. His expertise includes organisation development and design, facilitation, action learning, training, skills transfer.