Service Transformation Programme (Module A): Whole System Service Design & Change
The alternative to ‘slash and burn’ – sustainable change and savings
The Service Transformation Programme is widely regarded as the most advanced and effective training programme within the public sector. Over 600 public sector managers, interim transformation managers and consulting companies have participated – in the UK but also abroad. It is accredited by the Public Service Transformation Academy (PSTA)
‘The RedQuadrant Service Transformation Programme training was a great success for us. It proved to be an extremely useful and rewarding two days for the delegates. The unique simulation format was excellently orchestrated and as well as being realistic, was great fun.
Gerard Bowles, Assistant Director for Transformation,
West Midlands Improvement and Efficiency Partnership
In the period of continued budget cuts and national agenda for change, managers in public services increasingly need to understand and deliver sustainable, transformational change.
This training will answer the question how to introduce valuable change. The course provides a solid grounding in the theory and application of service transformation methodologies. Our recognised framework for sustained changes (7 ways) forms the basis of this course, as participants:
- Learn to frame the problems ingrained in their organisation.
- Gain deeper awareness of how others see change.
- Learn the latest and most effective methods, and when is best to use them.
- Become a part of a simulated environment to put theory into practice.
- Identify potential difficulties with implementation, and classic traps to avoid.
- Share lessons learnt in building a holistic understanding of change.
People leave with an expert understanding on how to apply service design to improve services and reduce costs. Participants also have had hand-on experience through our simulated service design environment.
This means, the course will leave you with a practical toolkit for avoiding slash and burn techniques, you will learn core techniques of understanding customers, demand, processes, people, and the challenges of change.
Basis (- a RedQuadrant company) runs the Service Transformation Programme. Participant on the course, are eligible to apply for certification from the Public Service Transformation Academy (PSTA).
For any questions e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Excellent course, very enjoyable and great trainers – knowledgeable and enthusiastic’
- ‘Very thought provoking, was made to go outside comfort zone which was great for confidence. Really enjoyable’
- ‘The practical simulation was excellent in embedding the theory and learning; Interaction-put theory into practice’
- ‘The simulation exercise was brilliant, you actually get some practise rather than death by PowerPoint.’
- ‘I really like the simulation, I took more in learning under pressure and it made it fun. I think I will be applying a lot of the lesson when dealing with projects and project teams.’
- ‘I think the balance between presentation of theories and practical exercises is right, allowing practical application of some of the theories before they are forgotten. I will apply the tools to my team planning a service review process.’
Based on his experience, research, programme design and delivery, he is a recognised organisational change expert. Dennis has a passion for enabling transformational change that sticks, turning ideas into effective practice and behaviours. He holds an MSc in this field (Oxford – distinction) and belongs to an international network of reflective change practitioners – www.thechangeleaders.com. Although he is originally from Holland, since 2004, most of his work has been within the British public sector. His experience also includes (before 2002) strategy and change work for a rather diverse (read: odd) variety of clients such as Belgium Government, Norsk Hydro, Motorola, Novartis and Lloyds TSB. His very first (proper job) was with The Hague council as a youth worker.
Matt Barnaby, started his career in local authorities as a youth worker and recognised the value of ongoing learning and real engagement. After joining a consulting firm to work with private sector clients he then become part of RedQuadrant/Basis to specialise in service transformation. His energy, passion, and expert facilitation techniques allow him to support sustainable change in the most difficult situations. Matt is a certified and practicing Agile ScrumMaster.