SETsquared Workshop: enhance your competence as a line manager
Good line management is at the heart of an effective organization. This workshop, led by Alice Chapman of Practice, will reflect on the line manager’s role and give you concrete ideas for building your, and your organisation’s, competence. The workshop is open to anyone who is new to line management or who wants to strengthen their line management skills.
- To enhance your competence and confidence as a line manager
- People who are new to line management, and/or those who want to reflect on and improve their skills.
- By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Define the role and objectives of a line manager
- List the key activities of the role
- And name at least 2 things that you intend to do differently with respect to:
- understanding your team;
- setting objectives;
- managing 1:1s; and
- helping people develop.
When & Where
The Bristol SETsquared Centre
The SETsquared Business Acceleration Centre at The University of Bristol, helping hi-tech, hi-growth start-up companies.