Actions and Detail Panel
Setting up a social enterprise
Tue 6 June 2017, 10:00 – 11:30 BST
According to research as many as one in five startups in the UK are a social enterprise – a business with a social or environmental mission. But what exactly is a social enterprise and how do you go about starting one?
In this seminar David McGlashan of the School for Social Entrepreneurs will discuss some of the main things to bear in mind when starting a social enterprise and highlight the organisations that you can contact for support.
Amongst other things, we’ll look at:
• How to take the first steps in setting up a social enterprise
• Different examples of social enterprises
• The characteristics of a successful social enterprise
• The funding options available to social enterprises
• Some of the risks and challenges you could face
No refunds will be given to any latecomers; cancellations viaEventbrite may be made up to 9am on the day of the seminar.
As we do not admit latecomers, allow extra time to locate theCity Business Library, if this is your first visit.
Latecomers will not be admitted to this seminar.