Actions and Detail Panel
Setting up a tenancy - London
Tue 25 April 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
This training material is designed to help you anticipate and head off problems that frequently arise at the outset of a tenancy. Often a problem lies undetected, only to be discovered when a dispute arises. Avoiding the problem in the first place can mean the difference between winning or losing a dispute. Being aware of potential problems will make you more effective in your role.
When you have completed this training course you should know and understand:
- What basic checks you should carry out on potential landlords and tenants
- The rules, penalties and common exemptions for immigration checks on tenants
- What to ask for when seeking references – and how to interpret the results
- Key data protection issues relating to your business
- What limitations there are on how much you charge and when you ask to be paid
- What can be a tenancy deposit, and what can’t
- When a deposit needs to be protected, and how to do that properly
- Some essential points about drafting legal documents
About the trainer
This training is delivered by Hilary Crook, a lawyer and our legal advisor on tenancy deposit protection matters. This course is an extension of our popular TDS Academy training and we have tailored it based on feedback and questions from delegates.
Events are CPD recognised and a certificate will be issued.
Lunch will be provided.