Make a simple summer shift dress
This is the perfect class to learn how to make a simple summer dress
- Here's what you'll need to bring along on the day – 2 m of fabric for the dress.
- Fabrics suitable for the dress are woven fabrics like mid weight cotton and cotton blends, light weight denim, linen and linen blends.
- Use the pattern again and again as a top, or tunic. We'll share some easy dress variations too
- You'll also need a 22 inch invisible/concealed zip in a matching shade to your outer fabric, and a reel of matching thread if you've picked an unusual colour that we may not have at the studio. Ideally you should at least steam press the fabric before the class, and I always pre-wash fabric (if it's washable) before cutting, to ensure no shrinking after it's made up.
- You'll be provided again with a list of supplies you'll need on your booking confirmation email.
- Once your project is cut out you'll be shown how to do you the tricky bits like inserting an invisible zips and sewing an all in one facing
Cost: £90 (max number of 5 students per session)
Time: 10am – 6 pm. Arrive early as session starts promptly!
Materials required: Pattern, tools, use of equipment and interfacings included, just bring enough fabric and notions (zip & thread) to make your dress.
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and snacks provided. Do Bring along a sandwich for lunch.
The Thrifty Stitcher
Claire-Louise Hardie is the Sewing Producer to "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Author of "The Great British Sewing Bee- Fashion with Fabric" She's also a professional Costumier and Guest presenter on Create and Craft TV. We offer small sized, friendly sewing classes and courses in Stoke Newington North London.
Our mission is to de-mystify the art of sewing and clothes making, showing you just how easy and fun it can be. We offer a range of contemporary sewing classes, suitable for adults at all levels. Fitting is our passion, and we love to helping students make clothes that fit.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing