Actions and Detail Panel
Sexual Health Awareness (Level 1)
Mon 2 October 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
This course is part of a multi-agency training programme for professionals working with young people in Wiltshire to develop their skills and knowledge in respect of Sexual Health.
Aim: To provide participants with knowledge and skills around sexual health and its impacts on young people. This course will act as a foundation for further learning and signpost into other related courses.
- Define what is meant by sexual health
- Explore attitudes, values and beliefs surrounding sexual health.
- Understand the law regarding sex and young people, including the role of professionals
- Understand the importance of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Raise awareness of the various forms of contraception available, particularly the importance of long acting reversible (LARC) methods.
- Development of skills in holding conversations with young people about their sexual health
- Understand safer sex
- Know where to signpost young people for services and how to refer