Actions and Detail Panel
Sexual Health - Healthy Relationships
Wed 22 March 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 GMT
This course is part of a multi-agency training programme for professionals working with young people in Wiltshire to develop their skills and knowledge in respect of Sexual Health.
Aim: To improve participants’ ability to support young people in understanding the differences between a healthy and an unhealthy relationship.
- Define domestic violence and abuse, its forms and impacts
- Raise awareness of the context, risk factors, signs and symptoms within abusive relationships
- Gain awareness of support services and interventions available to young people.
- Develop skills to help young people in understanding, spotting and ending abusive relationships.
- Develop skills to enable young people to understand what makes a respectful and healthy relationship
- Learn how to work with young people concerned about their own abusive behaviour.
Please note: If possible, please attend the Sexual Health Awareness Level 1 course prior to registering for Healthy relationships training.