Actions and Detail Panel
#SGIBLeicester Shared Conversation 4
Thu 6 April 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 BST
The final shared conversations of 4 as part of the Sexuality, Gender Identity and Belief: The Leicester Approach project, funded by Leicester City Council's Community Engagement Fund.
This is the second stage of the project which will aim to bring together faith communities, faith community leaders, LGB&T communities, LGB&T people of faith and others interested in the project in a series of shared conversations which will take place over March and April.
The aim of these shared conversations is to bring people together to discuss further some of the themes that came out of the break-out sessions at the launch event in November 2016 (visit http://bit.ly/SGIBLeicester for more information), but also to discuss and shape the local LGB&T people of faith communities toolkit which we hope to create and launch by the end of August 2017.
The questions which will be asked at the shared conversations are:
- How do you think that faith/belief has an impact on the health and wellbeing of LGB&T people of faith?
- What are the barriers facing faith communities, faith community leaders and LGB&T people of faith when talking about sexuality and gender identity, and what can be done to overcome them?
- Do you have any positive or negative stories to share, with any learning that came out of any experiences?
A safe space agreement will be implemented at each shared conversation and voice recordings will be taken for the purpose of transcription only, with voices and views being anonymised. There will be a form to sign before the start of each shared conversation obtaining your consent. If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Places are limited, so please book to confirm your attendance to this share conversation.
There are also 3 other shared conversations that will happen on the following dates:
- Thursday 9th March - 3-5pm - Leicester Adult Education College, 2 Wellington St, Leicester
- Thursday 16th March - 3-5pm - Belgrave Neighbourhood Centre, Rothley St (off Belgrave Road), Leicester
- Saturday 25th March - 11am-1pm - Belgrave Neighbourhood Centre, Rothley St (off Belgrave Road), Leicester
There is no need to book on multiple events, as the same themes and topics will be discussed.
For more information about the project, visit the project homepage.