Actions and Detail Panel
Shaking it Up: Making Open Science Work For You
Tue 25 April 2017, 11:30 – 18:00 EDT
Digital Science Presents: Making Open Science Work For You
Join us as we dive into the latest challenges you are facing with the Open Science Mandate. Hear from experts in research, funding and from your colleagues on how they are tackling the mandate.
Agenda and Speakers Annouced!
11:30: Registration Opens
12pm-1pm: Networking Lunch
1pm: Fulfilling Open Science Mandates - Mark Hahnel, Figshare
1.30pm: Introducing Symplectic Elements - Kelsey Rosell, Symplectic
2:00pm: Networking Break
2:30pm: What the Canadian Open Science Mandate Means for Us
- Joy Kirchner, York University
- Barb Brownlee, Government of Ontario
- Chris Manuel, CIHR
3:45pm: Panel Discussion: Are you Open?
- Mark Hahnel, Founder of Figshare
- Steve Marks, Chair of Portage's Preservation Expert Group and Digital Preservation Librarian at the University of Toronto
- Arij Al Chawaf, Director of Strategic Alliances, Structural Genomics Consortium
- Abby Cabunoc Mayes, Open Source Engagement, Mozilla Foundation
- Brian Sutherland, Professor of Biomedical Communications, University of Toronto
- Madeleine Bonsma, PhD Student, University of Toronto
5:00pm Drinks and Demos - Join us for some drinks and nibbles while learning about Digital Science products
Please book early as spaces are limited.