If you wish to pay with cheque or if you would like to be invoiced, please click 'Show other payment options' under the 'Order now' button above.
About the day:
The aim of the day is to provide practitioners with an opportunity to discuss shame and the impact it has on their therapeutic work with clients and couples.
The day will take an experiential and discursive approach and participants will be encouraged to think about themselves and client work. The trainer will provide reference material to support the ideas presented on the day.
Sally Openshaw is a qualified Integrative Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Supervisor. She completed an MSc in Human Sexuality in 1991 which led to her chairing The College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT). Sally was awarded a Fellowship from COSRT in 2009 in recognition of the contribution she had made to Sexual and Relationship Therapy in the UK.
Aims of the Day:
- Defining shame and the impact it can have on contact in relationships
- Unraveling a 5 layered model for understanding the shame response
- Providing a dynamic framework to assess shame and its impact a clients’ thinking, behavior, experience and affect.
- Staying with contact so that hidden shame can be brought out of the background and into the relationship between therapist and clients
- Techniques to return any shame that is carried by a client that does not belong to them to its rightful owner.
- References and resources for further study
CPD points available: 6
There are five steps at the front and ten at the rear of York Place. The training room is on the first floor. We have a small lift which runs from the ground floor to the third floor and that cannot be used in the event of fire. If you experience any difficulty with mobility, or if there is anything else that could inhibit your participation in this training, it is important that you let us know, to ensure your safety at the event. We have a hearing induction loop available. Please let us know if you would like to make use of this facility.
Cancellation 10 days or more before the date of the event: 100% refund
Cancellation between 10 days and 3 days before the date of the event: 50% refund
Cancellation 3 days or less before the date of the event: no refund, but services can send a replacement.
If a course or event is cancelled by Relationships Scotland (because of insufficient numbers or unforeseen circumstances) then all fees will be fully refunded. Unfortunately we are unable to reimburse out of pocket expenses, such as travel and accommodation.
Please make your booking no later than Friday 17 May 2013.
If you have chosen to be invoiced, these will be issued shortly after the closing date.