Would you like to help shape computing science qualifications?
The digital and technology sector in Scotland is booming and constantly evolving, with more job vacancies than we can currently fill.
We need to ensure that there is a long term supply of young people with the right digital technology skills and knowledge which you, the employer, need to grow and develop your business.
During the session SQA will explain:
- What is happening within digital skills at school and beyond
- What computing science qualifications are currently available
- How school qualifications are developed
You will also hear from Martin Beaton, PWC on how the National Progression Award (NPA) in Cyber Security was developed, in conjunction with Police Scotland, and how this joint approach ensured young people will come out with skills and qualifications which you, as their future employer, are looking for. The event will be discursive and interactive with the audience being encouraged to explore the following questions:
- What skills and knowledge do you think should be included in computing science qualifications?
- How can we engage with you better to shape qualifications going forward?
- What are your thoughts on developing a working group to shape computing science qualifications? Would you be interested in getting involved in this?
Date and Time
Glasgow Clyde College - Cardonald Campus
Rooms 1 & 2, Business Centre
690 Mosspark Drive