Actions and Detail Panel
Shaping Histories: Communities making a Heritage Strategy for Sheffield
Wed 19 October 2016, 17:00 – 20:30 BST
As a follow-up to the Making History for a Successful City Conference, Joined up Heritage Sheffield is delighted to present Shaping Histories: Communities making a Heritage Strategy for Sheffield. The event is supported by Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield and is part of Black History Month and Year of Making.
The event explores how community-led action can make a heritage strategy for Sheffield come alive. It discusses how diverse communities are shaping histories from hidden, unseen and unheard experiences. It celebrates how together, we are making heritage for today and for the future. It brings together the people who are making a heritage strategy for Sheffield. It provides an opportunity for action-focussed discussion.
The event programme includes:
1. Arrival, refreshments, exhibitions from Sheffield Hallam University community heritage project
2. An introduction to Shaping Histories: Communities making a Heritage Strategy for Sheffield
3. Invited Speakers: Nathaniel Coleman; Professor Clare Midgeley; Professor Barbara Bush and Dr Robbie Aitken. Case studies, round table, Q&A, facilitated discussion: diversity, community, shaping histories, how to make a strategy come alive
5. Speakers and Heritage Strategy key stakeholders, round table, facilitated discussion: success factors, challenges, lessons, actions. Identifying the actions that need to go into a Heritage Strategy for Sheffield
6. Plenary, next steps, thanks and close
Date and Time
Sheffield Hallam University: Lecture Theatre Cantor 9130
153 Arundel Street