This session is an opportunity to come along and network with fellow CIPD members to connect, contribute and take away insights. Networking, tea, coffee and biscuits will be available from 18.00 with the event starting at 18.30.
A highly participative round table session facilitated by your committee members of the Colchester and Ipswich CIPD Group, focusing on sharing ideas and discussion amongst fellow HR colleagues on how to develop more effective leaders and leadership within organisations. The session will include delivering effective leadership development programmes, enhancing communication and cooperation across executive teams, and supporting leaders more effectively.
Take a look at the following specific questions which will be explored during the session and think about how many of them are relevant to leadership in your organisation.
1. Designing strong development programmes to create agile and future-fit leaders
- How do we identify future leaders and design programmes to shape them into leadership?
- How do we equip new leaders to think strategically about the future of the organisation?
- How do we develop more agile leaders to succeed in changing environments?
- How do we develop resilience in leaders for them to be able to handle constant pressure?
2. Supporting our current leaders and leadership teams to be more effective at work
- How do we identify the skills needed by our own leaders and help develop them?
- How do we shift behaviours and develop accountability and responsibility?
- How do we create leaders with a strong voice for them to lead by example?
- How do we develop emotional intelligence in leaders and leadership teams?
3. Developing inclusive and cooperative leadership
- How do we develop high-performing leaders able to cooperate with other leaders?
- How do we encourage leadership teams to align to each other to benefit the business?
- How do we increase the amount of women in leadership roles and break the glass ceiling?
- How do we make our leadership teams more diverse and inclusive to increase outcomes?
4. Modern leadership – leadership styles, ethics and business impact
- What does it mean to be a modern leader – command and control vs. enablement and support?
- How do we develop leaders with empathy and integrity, able to make responsible and ethical decisions?
- What are the new models of leadership and how do we encourage our leaders to adopt them?
- How do we create leaders able to enhance organisational culture and work internationally?
Please do not book your place unless you intend to attend. Although a free event, refreshments are provided for those who have booked and a cost is therefore incurred for non-attendance.
Photography may take place at the event and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.