Actions and Detail Panel
Sharing qualitative data
Thu 22 September 2016, 14:00 – 17:00
This workshop will explore the challenges associated with sharing qualitative data and practical steps that may be taken in your own research, drawing upon examples from diverse projects. The session will be led by Libby Bishop of the UK Data Service, the country's largest archive of social science and economic research data. It will include a mix of presentation and group discussion.
Topics covered include:
- Selecting data to share - pros and cons of sharing qualitative data
- Ethical sharing through informed consent
- Anonymising qualitative data: challenges and best practice
- Documentation for qualitative data
- Choosing a data repository and deciding when to share
Admission: The session is suitable for any researchers, research students and research support staff who work with qualitative data. The session will be limited to 30 people. Registration is required.