Dementia is a progressive disease altering the brain function in different ways and is severe enough to affect everyday life of not only people with dementia but also their family, friends, relatives around them.
This one-day workshop is designed for caregivers (families and carers), who have lost connection with their cared one, who are feeling trapped, powerless, isolated and would like to do something about it; so they continue enjoying what life has to offer together.
You will learn to relax your body, clear your mind, so you become open to the sensation of an healing touch such as Shiatsu. Then you will discover some safe and gentle techniques you will be able to apply on your cared one, so you can:
- Engage with them when their behaviour starts shifting
- Move them gently to stimulate what is left of their mobility
- Confort them when they reach the need of palliative care
9:45 - Doors opening
10:00 to 12:30 - Group Execises to learn body and mind relaxation
- Discover the difference between normal touch and Shiatsu touch
12:30 to 13:30 - Lunch Break and an opportunity to socialize
- Healthy refreshments and snacks will be available
- You can also bring your lunch box if you prefer
13:30 to 16:00 - Everybody partners with someone
- Learn safe and gentle Shiatsu techniques and practise on each other
16:15 - Doors closing