Actions and Detail Panel
Shift2Rail and Horizon 2020 Programmes: 2016 Information Day
Fri 11 November 2016, 10:00 – 16:00 GMT
THIS REGISTRATION PAGE IS NOW CLOSED BUT YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT VIA RSSB HERE.
The rail sector in the UK and Europe faces a number of major challenges. These give considerable scope for attractive solutions from innovative companies and organisations across all technology sectors. RSSB, in association with Innovate UK and KTN, invites you to an information day on the Horizon 2020 European research framework programme and the rail-sector-specific Shift2Rail research programme. These programmes provide funding and collaboration opportunities for railway-related innovation.
If you are working in the areas outlined below, or developing innovative technologies, and want to introduce them to the rail industry, this conference is for you. You will discover key information about the opportunities to participate in and obtain funding from the Shift2Rail and H2020 programmes.
Top-level speakers from these European programmes will present information about various H2020 calls, including the open calls of the Shift2Rail Innovation Programmes:
- IP1 – Cost efficient and reliable trains
- IP2 – Advanced traffic management and control systems
- IP3 – Cost-efficient, sustainable and reliable high-capacity infrastructure
- IP4 – IT solutions for attractive railway services
- IP5 – Sustainable and attractive rail freight
And their cross-cutting themes:
- Long-term needs and socio-economic research
- Smart materials and process
- System integration, safety and interoperability
- Energy and sustainability
- Human capital
This open and engaging event will provide plenty of opportunities for you to discuss your organisation, its products, and skills. And to network, connect with potential partners, and form consortia.