San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Silicon Drinkabout NYC launch!
The launch of New York on Nov 22nd at the Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn will see 3beards team up with the founders of 3460 Miles, Courtney Boyd Myers and Erica Berger, for the launch event which has already had sign-ups from leading UK and US start-ups including Lyst, Hailo, Conversocial, YPlan, Fueled, SHADOW and Foursquare.
The event will be run by Downtown Records A&R Manager Josh Elkes and Andrew Rauner, a producer at popular mobile design and development shop Fueled. There will also be a special live set from DJ Sean Glass, whose multifaceted impact on the music industry has now merged with technology, brands and live events. After DJing for several years, Sean founded Win Music, which he describes as the next generation of record label and pairs with his work at Glassnote Records.
Grab a ticket here and we'll see you there!
The Silicon Drinkabout NYC launch is sponsored by ACCENTURE - FINTECH INNOVATION LAB
The FinTech Innovation Lab is the New York FinTech Accelerator – the programme, run by the Partnership for New York City, Accenture and the world’s largest financial institutions, provides early stage FinTech companies a unique opportunity to work closely with potential new clients. Over an intensive three month period, successful applicants will have access to senior IT executives from the Banks and VCs, who will work with them to strengthen their proposition and accelerate growth.
3beards is a content, promotion and events company. Sounds a bit dull and corporate, but there it is. We felt that 'Community Firestarter-enablers' sounded a bit overblown. And crap. With a portfolio that includes the weekly Silicon Drinkabout, monthly Don't Pitch Me, Bro! and Chew The Fat, and quarterly Digital Sizzle, our events are regular, accessible and focus on creating meaningful connections aimed at collaborative growth for start-up ecosystems around the world. Grown by the community for the community, we don't mess around because we believe entrepreneurs, more than any other business sector, need an active and healthy support network to succeed. Oh, and life’s too short to waste time shaving. www.3-beards.com
3beards at a glance:
- Hosted Silicon Drinkabout over 124 times, the free social night drinks for startups every Friday night in London.
- Expanded Silicon Drinkabout into 8 cities worldwide: London, New York, Manchester, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Toronto, Sao Paulo & Sofia, with more to come
- Helped over 65 early-stage startups at over 15 events with direct feedback sessions from our audiences at our monthly Don’t Pitch Me Bro event.
- Inspired over 3,500 people at our quarterly Digital Sizzle events - taking the form of hackathons, panel discussions, charity fundraisers and all-out parties.
- Interviewed Founders, VC’s and Ex Senior Policy Advisor to Number 10 at our monthly fireside chat, Chew The Fat.
- Helped make a huge number of useful connections for the startup community.
- Hosted over 15,000 people.
- Served over 4,500 portions of food & 70,000 beers.
- Launched our own startup-themed beer in collaboration with Meantime Brewery: “Fail Faster Lager” and “Minimum Viable Pale Ale"
About 3460 Miles:
3460 Miles is the exact distance between London and New York City as the proverbial crow flies. 3460 Miles is also an editorially-driven community founded by Courtney Boyd Myers and Erica Berger in 2013, which aims to digitally and physically connect creative and passionate individuals who live, work and travel between NYC and London. Their bi-weekly newsletter features the top tech, design and social good startups from New York and London, as well interviews, event listings and relevant news.
When & Where
3beards believe that communities are what make businesses succeed.
Without a vibrant and supportive ecosystem it's very hard to make a business work. Be that for networking, ideas, friendship, support, technical support or just relaxation.
3beards exist to create meaningful connections and experiences that enable the startup community to thrive.