Actions and Detail Panel
Silver Swans™ CPD Workshop
Sun 23 July 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
This one-day workshop introduces experienced teachers to the Silver Swans™ class format and ethos, with a focus on safe and inclusive practice for adults and strategies to maximise their experience.
Completion of the workshop will entitle participants to deliver Silver Swans™ branded classes from autumn 2017, including use of the Silver Swans™ logo.
This is an opportunity to be part of an RAD pilot programme in the UK and US, that aims to bring high-quality ballet provision to the adult market.
In order to participate in this workshop, you must either:
- Hold RAD Registered Teacher status, or
- Hold an Intermediate ballet qualification or equivalent, plus a dance teaching qualification at Level 4 OR can evidence dance teaching experience in professional contexts
To provide practical experience of effective ballet teaching strategies for a group of mixed ability older learners.
On completion of the workshop you will have:
• An understanding of the Silver Swans™ class format and the responsibilities and expectations of Silver Swans™ teachers
• Gained awareness of several different appropriate ballet teaching strategies and their benefits in relation to the Silver Swans™ class format
• A greater understanding of how to safely modify and deliver ballet repertoire for older learners
• Gained awareness of appropriate progression, differentiation and integration considerations for adults of mixed ability
For further information please visit: www.rad.org.uk/silverswans