A one day workshop in making simple press molds using plaster for sprigging and relief decoration, making simple bowl and plate molds and using alginate to cast delicate surfaces on found objects or direct casting from the human body.
Over the day you will learn to
- Make the original ‘master mold’ and learn how to make a plaster mold from it
- Make a simple bowl or plate mold
- Learn how to make molds from found objects
- Learn to use alginate as a mold making material for more delicate and composite pieces
- All materials will be provided
Tea and cake and a delicious organic lunch will be provided