This course covers preparing the school’s pastoral arrangements for the new academic year, new pupil intake and associated activities.
- Adding new staff details
- Editing staff leavers
- Creating a New Academic Year
- Setting up the pastoral structure of the new academic year
- Setting up new registration Groups
- Assigning teachers to classes
- Promotional Mapping – allocating pupils to classes for next year
- Creating a Pre-admission group
- Adding a pupil to a pre-admission group
- Importing Admissions (ATF) and Common Transfer Files (CTF)
- Allocating Pre-admission pupils to registration groups
- Admitting pre-admission pupils
- Entering dates for part-time pupil/students
- Setting up the attendance 'not required' codes for part-time pupils
- Process leavers
- General housekeeping
- Importing test results to resend CTF to secondary
An ability to use to carry out the processes required to ensure pupils and data are rolled forward into the next Academic Year.
A good working knowledge of SIMS.net is desirable.