Actions and Detail Panel
Sing Up: Creative Music Making for EYFS & KS1 Practitioners
Mon 13 February 2017, 10:00 – 15:00 GMT
Learn the Sing Up approach to engage your youngest pupils with this practical training session using songs, games, movement and music. These techniques will help you create engaging and imaginative music lessons whilst developing sound musical skills and knowledge in your pupils and encouraging child-initiated ideas. Alongside this, you’ll also gain understanding of how singing is a powerful tool to develop wider skills, knowledge and understanding impacting on the whole child.
Who is it for?
This course and approach is flexible enough for anyone working with 3 – 7 year-olds –particularly for those delivering music lessons and workshops.
- Learn creative techniques in using songs and music to achieve different outcomes for pupils' learning and development
- Understand how singing can impact upon pupils' learning
- Feel confident in facilitating creative sessions using songs
- Develop own musical skills Learn new repertoire
Using the Sing Up approach will support your pupils to:
- learn to use their voices expressively and with confidence
- learn to improvise and compose
- develop good listening skills
- develop social skills including taking turns and making eye contact
- develop literacy skills such as understanding rhyme and linguistic patterns
- develop effective speaking through clear diction
- develop mathematical understanding eg. repetition, translation, symmetry, reflection and prediction
Charlotte Law, Sing Up Learning Executive.
Charlotte is Sing Up’s Learning Executive. Having gained a Degree in Arts Education, she has built up a wide range of experience as a workshop facilitator, freelance arts animateur, trainer, Primary School Teacher and Music coordinator. She is also an enthusiastic participant in a wide range of activities throughout the arts.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
£15 Discount available for Sing Up Members.