"SOUND FOR YOGA "- singing bowls for yoga teachers
2 day specialised workshop for yoga teachers
Sound baths are a form of sound relaxation and meditation which enjoy growing popularity in the yoga community. For those yoga teachers and studios that would like to incorporate sound baths in their yoga classes, SINGING BOWLS are a great choice.
Singing bowls are versatile instruments which are small enough to be easily portable. The basic playing techniques and principles of how to use them can be learned during a short intensive foundation course.
This course gives you all the fundamental knowledge, techniques and skills that you need to start introducing singing bowls into your yoga classes.
• a practice oriented course designed by a yoga teacher specifically for yoga teachers
• learn directly from Yoga & Sound founder Szilvia Gardian, who shares her specialised knowledge, experience and practical tips with you
• techniques will be learned which can be used on as little as 1 singing bowl, as well as on small or large sets
Instruments, mallets to practice on will be provided, but if you have your own instruments it is advisable to bring those with you too.
There will be a possibility to purchase harmonious sets of highest quality singing bowls during the course.
Saturday, 27th May 2017, 10am-5pm
Introduction to singing bowls workshop
Yoga & Sound Masterclass with Szilvia Gardian
During the day we will cover the following topics:
- The origin, history and composition of Himalayan singing bowls and how are they made
- Characteristics of singing bowls and mallets
- How do they work? Learn about, and experience, the effect of the singing bowls' sound
- Learn and practice singing bowl playing techniques
- How to use your singing bowl at home for yourself or for your family
- How to choose, buy and clean your singing bowl
Sunday, 28th May 2017, 10:00am-5pm
Using singing bowls in your yoga class
During the day we will cover the following topics:
- Where sound and yoga meets - sound in the yoga tradition
- How singing bowls support the yoga practice / how yoga practice supports sound relaxation / how sound practice supports you to grow as a yoga teacher
- Before and during the yoga class: Basic techniques of using singing bowls before and during a yoga class
- After the yoga class: How to structure your Sound bath. Learn and practice the basic relaxing and harmonizing sequence
FEES AND BOOKING INFORMATION
In order to secure your place at the event, a deposit* of £50 is reqired. The remaining balance to be paid by the 1st May.
- Two full days of interactive workshop sessions, including a Yoga & Sound bath session.
- Singing bowls and mallets to practice with at the workshop are provided for the participants, but you can bring your own singing bowl as well if you already have one
*All payments made (including deposits) are non-refundable but transferrable to other person, to Yoga & Sound private sessions or workshops organised by Szilvia Gardian, subject to availability.
Further details and information:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07902780511 / www.szilviagardian.com
Szilvia Gardian (www.szilviagardian.com) is dedicated to sharing her specialised knowledge and love for singing bowls during her workshops.
Szilvia has been teaching various forms of movement for over a decade. Soon after graduating as a yoga teacher she found her calling when she got introduced to the art of using singing bowls by her aunt, Szilagyi Zoltanne Balint Gyorgyi, who is the founder of the Sound Therapy Institute Budapest.
After her initial singing bowl training Szilvia was eager to explore the possibilities of combining sound work and yoga. Under the professional guidance of her aunt and mentor, Szilvia spent 2 years developing Yoga & Sound, her interpretation of how a mindful Yoga practice and the use of Himalayan Singing bowls can best support the process of uniting mind and body in a relaxing and energising experience. Yoga & Sound was launched at the Yoga Show Manchester in 2014.
Over the next two years Szilvia was approached by numerous yoga teachers who were curious to learn more about singing bowls. She decided to share her passion, her specialised knowledge and experience about using singing bowls and launched the “SINGING BOWLS FOR YOGA TEACHERS ” courses.
Szilvia believes that using singing bowls in your yoga classes doesn’t only provide a unique and beneficial experience for your clients. They also have the potential to catalyse your personal and your professional growth as a yoga teacher.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
“The Singing Bowl Workshop for Yoga Teachers that I attended recently was very interesting and extremely well organised. Szilvia is a very enthusiastic and talented teacher and her enthusiasm really shines through in her teaching. Throughout the course I feel I have gained the confidence, knowledge and skills that I need to play singing bowls and I am looking forward to introducing 'sound' in my yoga sessions.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed the yoga and sound teacher training workshop with Szilvia.
Her style of teaching is professional but also friendly and welcoming, her knowledge of sound therapy is vast.
I came away from the training feeling confident to start incorporating sound into my classes, and feel very privileged to have had this knowledge passed onto me from someone clearly such an expert in their field.
“Szilvia's course is the playful way of learning how to use these beautiful bowls. She was so keen to provide us with tailor made, practical info on how to make the bowls sing !
I appreciated that I had the unique opportunity to try the basic sequences and harmonies on 5 or even more bowls! I felt that this made me understand the quality of their sound and how the resonance of the bowls effect each other so in the end it all adds up to an experience that brings very deep, almost infinite harmony.
I got the basic knowledge and practice that makes me a confident starter. Now I can bring these harmonising sounds into my classes.”