Amacoast Cinema returns with 'Sister Act Live Choir' the celebratory and immersive film screening of the musical comedy classic 'Sister Act'. Sing-a-long with fellow fans as the film is played on a 30ft screen accompanied by a 35-piece gospel choir and band performing songs from the film soundtrack including ‘I will follow Him’ and ‘My God’, live!
Set in Central Hall Westminster, one of London’s most spectacular and historic venues. Notable speakers and performers include Gandhi, Churchill, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Robbie Williams.
Sister Act tells the story of Vegas lounge singer Deloris Van Cartier (Whoopi Goldberg), who after witnessing a murder at the hands of her boyfriend has to enter witness protection to avoid a similar fate. She turns to the one place that she hopes he will never look - a Convent! Disguised as a nun Deloris woefully tries to adopt her new lifestyle. And after several false starts, she finally finds her voice at the heart of the church choir
The show includes a special guest performance from MOBO Award Nominee and BBC Gospel Prom featured act 'Volney Morgan and New-Ye' and Britain's Got Talent semi-finalist 'Gospel Singers Incognito' (GSI).*
Don't miss out on this unique live music and cinema experience.
* Volney Morgan & New-Ye are scheduled to perform on the 21st and 28th April. GSI are scheduled to perform on the 22nd and 29th April.
Dates: 21st, 22nd, 28th and 29th April 2017
Doors: 1:45pm, 6:45pm
Starts: 2:45pm, 7:45pm
Film is rated certificate PG
Performance running time approx. 2hours and 15mins
Concessions available for Students, Children and disability carers (email us directly)
Can I change my ticket type?
I am afraid we do not allow tickets to be changed once purchased.
Can I change my ticket date?
I am afraid we do not allow tickets to be changed to a different show date once purchased.
Can I get a refund for my ticket?
I am afraid we do not offer refunds on tickets purchased.
Can I reserve seats?
All seats are unreserved and allocated on a first come first serve basis. The area where you can seat is based on your ticket type. There is NO reserved seating, so again, be sure to get to the church in good time.
Do I need my ticket for the event?
There is no entry into the show without a valid ticket. You should have received an e-ticket shortly after completing the booking. If you have not received your ticket please contact our support team via email. Customers are reminded not to duplicate tickets as it’s one barcode issued per e-ticket.
Is there disability access?
Yes, we do provide disability access to the event. We recommend you contact us as early as possible before the show so that we can make the necessary seating arrangements.
Are children allowed to attend?
Yes, provided they have a valid ticket and are accompanied by an adult who also has a valid ticket. Sister Act carries a PG film rating. Children under 12 years of age are legally required to attend with an adult for evening shows.
Do you offer concessions?
Yes, we offer concecessions to students, carers and children.
What time do doors open?
Doors open 1:15pm for afternoon performances.
Doors open 6:15pm for evening performances.
What time does the show start?
The show starts 2.45pm for afternoon performances.
The show starts 7.45pm for evening performances.
The timings above are approximations and may change slightly on the day.
What time does the show finish?
The show finishes at 5pm for afternoon performances.
The show finishes 10pm for evening performances.
The timings above are approximations and may change slightly on the day.
I want to make a large group booking?
For bookings of more than 10 tickets we recommend you contact us directly via email.
I can’t find my ticket, what should I do?
First check your email junk folder (it may have incorrectly been labelled as spam) or email trash can (it may have been accidentally deleted). If you still can’t find your ticket, please contact us before the show date and we will attempt to re-send your tickets provided you are table to confirm the booking details.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
External food and drink is not permitted into the venue, however there will be various snack and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) bars located in the building. There is also a restaurant located at the venue. Customers are reminded that alcohol is strictly forbidden inside the church hall.
The venue operates a drinks token system (capped at 2 tokens per person) in order to regulate the amount of alcohol that can be consumed. Guests will be required to purchase a drinks token in order to redeem it for an alocholic drink on event day.
How do I get to Central Hall Westminster?
Central Hall Westminster is a short walk from underground station:
Westminster (exit 6) or
St. James’s Park (exit Broadway)
Train stations - Victoria (10 mins walk), Charing Cross (15 mins walk) and Waterloo (20 mins walk).
Address: Central Hall Westminster, Storey’s Gate, London, UK
Postcode: SW1H 9NH
Public Car Parks operate in Abingdon Street, Horseferry Road, Rochester Row and Semley Place. There is also parking adjacent to the building on Tothill Street and Matthew Parker Street.
Private - Q Park Westminster - directly on Great College Street, SW1P 3RX
You can use the Transport for London Journey Planner at journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk to help plan your journey using the post code SW1H 9NH.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Admission, Tickets and Refunds
- Right of admission to Sister Act Live Choir is reserved.
- Ticket price covers entry to the Hall, opening act performance, film screening, choir and band performance.
- No admission without a valid e-ticket. (one barcode issued per e-ticket – do not duplicate)
- There will be no refunds for tickets other than in the cancellation of the event.
- Tickets are in the form of barcodes and will be scanned in upon entry; once a barcode has been swapped for a wristband it cannot be used again.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests the organisers and Premises Licence Holder reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Admission is at the ticket holder's own risk. The organisers and Premises Licence Holder will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons or third parties.
- Amacoast Cinema can only verify the authenticity of tickets purchased directly from the our website or official ticket providers. Do not buy tickets from other third party sources as we cannot ensure these tickets are genuine. Invalid or duplicate barcodes will not be allowed entry into the event.
- In the event of a cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded and not the booking fee.
- Wristbands removed from the wrist, tampered with, lost or missing will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced. Those without valid wristbands will be removed from the site.
Save This Event
When & Where
Central Hall Westminster
SW1H 9NH London
For fans of black cinema, Amacoast Cinema will create immersive and experiential events focused exclusively on black films.
Unlike other cinema companies, AmacoastCinema will create memorable environments to celebrate new and classic black films.