Actions and Detail Panel
Skills-based volunteering for lawyers - a National Pro Bono Week event
Fri 11 November 2016, 08:30 – 10:00 GMT
Lawyers have a unique set of skills and expertise that can be of immense value to society. Beyond providing pro bono advice, there are numerous opportunities for lawyers to contribute to organisations, projects and initiatives that benefit society.
With an introduction from the Law Society’s Deputy Vice President, Christina Blacklaws, this interactive breakfast event includes several ‘micro taster sessions’ from a range of charities, so that you can experience first-hand some of the opportunities for lawyers to use their unique expertise to make a difference to society.
Charities represented include:
- Citizenship Foundation – SmartLaw initiative to bring the law to life in the classroom
- SGOSS – School Governors One Stop Shop
- Talking Works – schools-based mediation project
- National Centre for Citizenship and the Law (NCCL) – educational visits and trips to legal and heritage buildings in Nottingham, London and Manchester
- Law for Life – the foundation for public legal education
- Getting on Board - board-level volunteering opportunities for professionals
This event is suitable for Pro Bono / CSR managers - as well as individual lawyers who are interested in volunteering.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact Rory Tredwell, Events Assistant, Citizenship Foundation - 020 7566 7752 or email@example.com