San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Skills for Mentoring
Led by: Joette Thomas, Animate Consulting
(Lunch will be provided)
Would you like to develop your skills and use your experience to become a mentor?
ACOSVO is running the next Skills for Mentoring course on 16 June in Edinburgh; if you are considering becoming a mentor, want to learn more about the ACOSVO Mentoring Programme, or would like to explore the possibility of being a ‘mentee’ in the first instance then this course is for you.
The course will also be of value to those seeking to integrate mentoring into their current workplace, as it will have a mentoring skills focus. The event will be a combination of theoretical and experiential learning - and an opportunity to connect with your fellow ACOSVO members and other third sector leaders.
- To develop participants’ understanding of the tools and processes used in mentoring relationships, and the specifics of ACOSVO’s Mentoring Programme
- To share the work of Dave Clutterbuck, Edgar Schein, Nancy Kline and others who have made useful contributions to the field
- To share the CLEAR and TOMS processes for mentoring
- To clarify the difference between Mentoring, Coaching and Counselling
- To offer structured opportunities to practice, and receive, mentoring
This day will be a mix of experiential and theory based learning – and will include an introduction to the ACOSVO Mentoring Programme. The course will be delivered by Joette Thomas, who has trained mentors in ACOSVO, The Care Inspectorate, Scottish Social Services Council and Museums and Galleries Scotland.
About the ACOSVO Mentoring Programme:
The ACOSVO Mentoring Programme is one of ACOSVO's membership benefits. ACOSVO have volunteer mentors available with a range of skills and experience who will help our mentees to reflect on their work and their leadership role. You can apply as a mentee here. If you would like to become an ACOSVO mentor, please contact us.
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more