Actions and Detail Panel
Smarter Volunteer Manager Training
Tue, 4 Oct 2016, 10:00 – Fri, 28 Oct 2016, 13:00 BST
Drawing on an Action Learning Set model, this new programme runs over three, half-day sessions spaced more than a week apart.
Offering a fusion of mentoring, inquisitorial discussion, small-group exercises and individual study, there will be opportunities created between sessions to explore how far the learning can be applied.
- It’s an approach that will help you to find new solutions to the challenges facing you, including those you have yet to identify.
- Each Learning Set group will be capped at seven participants, increasing the potential for devoting greater attention to each person’s needs.
- You will work with like-minded people who face similar challenges, gaining from the mutual support and strength that a closed group can provide.
- You will be guided by an experienced facilitator in a safe and confidential space where you can be open about the obstacles you are facing.
- You will discover why there’s more than one type of volunteer, and more than one type of volunteering role, and how this requires a complex understanding of what volunteering is and why people do it. Equally, you will uncover the single driving force that motivates all volunteers.
- You will receive a comprehensive grounding for involving volunteers, ensuring that you have fully addressed all the procedural and operational requirements within your own organisation’s context.
- Your organisation will benefit from a structurally holistic management model designed to maximise resources while minimising effort.
- Because your volunteers will subsequently be appropriately supported, feeling acknowledged and recognised, they are likely to stay around longer.
- You will be able to develop appropriate tools to monitor and assess the impact of your volunteers’ work.
Date and Time
First Floor Office, Franklin Steel Building
Dumfries Enterprise Park
Tinwald Downs Road