Actions and Detail Panel
Smartphone Filmmaking - plan, shoot and edit your own video.
Thu 27 April 2017, 18:00 – 21:00 BST
Learn to plan, shoot and edit your own video. Demystify filmmaking in just three hours.
Make My Own Video is our practical workshop that gives you the knowledge and tools to create videos you’ll be proud to share. We believe that anyone can become a skilled video content creator.
What to Expect
- You’ll shoot and edit your own one-minute movie, using just your phone or tablet
- You’ll learn about the planning process, thinking about the edit before you even hit record
- Our experts will walk you through how to edit – turn your clips into a video ready to share
- Tips and tricks on how to get the most from your smartphone camera
- We’ll cover the fundamentals of story-telling & discuss current & popular video trends
- A quick look at some of the hottest creative apps and our favourite filmmaking accessories
A few things you’ll be able to do with the skills you’ll learn:
- Make videos for your website or blog at scale and at no cost
- Start your own YouTube channel
- Improve your Instagram & Snapchat Stories
- Edit a highlights reel of your Facebook Live video
- Understand how to take better photographs
- Watch your community grow as a result of sharing your videos!
Who Its For
- PROFESSIONAL - wants to document work meetings, trips and events in video format to share outcomes and learnings with the business. Needs a speedy & affordable way to achieve this.
- MARKETEER - works in marketing, wants to make ongoing video across the business. Has time to dedicate and social reach to make this worthwhile but has concerns about cost of scale.
- CREATIVE - always taking video of family and friends - got a phone full of videos. Wants to learn how to turn these clips into video to share with loved ones.
- INFLUENCER - gaining ‘influencer’ status on social media as a thought-leader and has a clear style for content. Knows video is vital to growth but needs help with planning and editing.
Need To Know
- It’s a practical & interactive workshop. You’ll be making a video of your experience. It’s likely you’ll be filming yourself so participants should be comfortable with this.
You’ll require: a smartphone or tablet with memory free to record video. You’ll need access to your app store to download the free editing software. That’s it.