Smokers Anonymous is a support group of individuals who have suffered from or been affected by a nicotine addiction. Groups of men and women meet regularly to help support one another in their journey to live a life free from nicotine addiction. The group focuses on using a 12-step recovery program, which is an approach to overcoming the addiction and a general approach to living. Each attendee of Smokers Anonymous is encouraged to practice the 12-steps daily. The steps help the addict acknowledge a higher power who can assist in recovery.
12-Step Recovery Program
• Admit you are powerless over your addiction, and your life has become unmanageable.
• Believe that there is a higher power that can help put your life back on track.
• Take a moral inventory of yourself and acknowledge your good and bad traits.
• Admit to others and yourself that you are not perfect.
• Compose a list of everyone you may have hurt in the past and what you can do to make things right.
• Go to each person you have hurt and ask for forgiveness.
• Continue to take personal inventory of yourself every day.
• Make sure that you will fulfil the instructions for smoking cessation. (You will get a couple of handouts with detailed explanation.)
• Understand that hypnosis can empower a higher power that can help to overcome addiction on smoking. (You will get an mp3 with hypnosis for own listening, for empowerment. In a session will be possible to experience the hypnosis, but more in general approach. If you will need, individual sessions are also available.)
• If you are religiously based, pray and meditate regularly and ask for God's will in your life.
• If you are religiously based, ask God to remove your anxiety, fears, dishonesty and anything else that might be considered a shortcoming.
• Help teach these same principals to others who are trying to recover from addiction.
Please note that is required minimum of 4 attendees who paid online in advance.
Fee of £20 is for covering of costs (£1.83 is Eventbrite fee)
If you will have any question please do not hesitate to ask.