Social Innovation for Community Energy
9.30am – 3.30pm, Thursday 30th July 2015, TLT Solicitors, Bristol
With a focus on developing a supply chain and encouraging innovation in projects, this day will provide case studies, practical examples and theoretical advice to underpin all community energy projects in development. This free event is being delivered as part of the Bath Social Innovation Programme.
Moorhouse Solar park detail, courtesy of Solarsense © 2015
With Jon Gething, Director of Low Carbon Gordano, as our lead speaker, we look at the recently completed Moorhouse Solar Farm and the lessons learnt through this pioneering project. Following this case study the day will consist of presentations, workshops and discussion with a range of experts from across community energy development. These in-depth sessions have been designed to increase understanding and promote collaboration, with a view to building new, innovative community energy projects.
Additional Speakers confirmed:
- Peter Andrews, Mongoose Energy - Enabling community projects
- Mark Collinson, WRAP - The Rural Community Energy Fund and DECC and Defra's commitment to Community Energy
- Matthew Grimwood and Peter Skeen, TLT Solicitors - The legal landscape for energy projects
- Steven Gough, Western Power Distribution - distributed generation and alternative connection
- David Snape, Solarsense - Community Energy; technology and installation
There will also be the opportunity for smaller discussions with professionals at various stages of project development including gcp Architects, Triodos Bank, Low Carbon Gordano, Solarsense and CSE. The day will run from 9:30am to 3.30pm with lunch provided and will be followed by networking and refreshments.
This event is for existing and emerging community energy projects looking to make new connections and those interested in establishing projects, as well as businesses and organisations working across the CE supply chain and those interested in collaboration.
The day promises to be very popular and spaces are limited - book now to reserve your place.