Our one day social media essentials course has been designed to give attendees a basic and clear understanding of the core social media platforms that are crucial to your business. We deliver our courses in a language that everyone can understand from beginners to those with a general knowledge of social media.
We provide real examples and explain the strategies behind the most successful social media campaigns from a wide range of brands. We carefully tailor our Essentials course to ensure that all attendees can develop their knowledge of social media and be able implement our strategies and recommendations to enhance and grow their business.
Who should attend?
This social media essentials course is designed for any employees connected to a business that have an existing presence or wish to bring their business into the social media world. We will teach all attendees the key components to setting up and developing social media profiles and campaigns along with the importance of creating a social media strategy to increase their business performance.
Previous attendees have included small business owners, marketing executives, directors, entrepreneurs, civil servants all the way through global brands. We have trained everyone from the farming industry all the way through to international airlines.
Introduction & Strategy Overview
- What is social media?
- Social media use and growth in the UK and globally
- How social media relates to your business
- Social media facts you just can’t ignore
- Find social media opportunities and be aware of the threats
- Learn where and who your audience are and how to target them
- What’s the key difference between traditional and social media
- Setting your goals
- Getting started with your social media strategy
- Why SEO relates to social media
- Developing your brand tone of voice
Social Media Platforms
- An overview and introduction to the most popular platforms, how these differ and when/how they originated
- How to set up and optimise your platforms and the benefits of doing so
- Finding your way around each platform – familiarising with each interface
- Social media best practices – basic dos and don’ts
- How to create engaging content that works for you and for each platform
- Understanding the key features of the major platforms
- Common mistakes and pitfalls made by brands – buying followers, cross-posting
- Reputation management – how to deal with negative communication
- Time management
- Common/useful management tools
- Legal implications
Measuring & Analytics
- Basic analytics – understanding most common metrics of each platform
- Facebook Insights
- Twitter Analytics
- LinkedIn Analytics