Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Social media has become a key tool for campaigners, but knowing what platform to use and how to use it can be a real dilemma. To help you decide we are running a half day social media workshop for campaigners. The workshop will help you to use tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube effectively to help you win your campaigns. The workshop will be led by Montfort, a digital communications agency, with a focus on causes. Monfort work with many not for profit organisations and media agencies including the Guardian, The Wildlife Trusts, Amnesty International and UNHCR.
On the workshop you will learn how to:
- Choose the right social media platform for your campaign and when to use it.
- Be seen and heard above the crowd and create sharable content.
- Use social media to build pressure on decision makers.
- How to monitor whether your social media is having an impact.
- Make best use of petition sites to show support for your campaign.
When & Where
Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK)
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) is a unique charity that supports individuals, groups and communities to have the skills and confidence to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them.Our work includes;
- Providing training, coaching and consultancy to help people and organisations develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to campaign effectively.
- Being a voice for campaigners by advocating for the needs and benefits of campaigning, and protecting the space to campaign.
- Bringing campaigners together and celebrating success through our networks, events and annual SMK Campaigner Awards.
For more information please visit on website www.smk.org.uk.