Social Media Management Course
So you’ve created a twitter account, Facebook page and accounts on other Social Media channels and have started to use LinkedIn for networking – what next?
This new 4 week course (online) from Reach Further will take you to the next level with your social media helping you to build your following, keep people engaged and put you at the forefront of your field online.
At Reach Further we have 20 years’ experience of managing online communities, we regularly manage social media accounts for a variety of clients. Learn models and methods for building an effective strategy for your social media presence as we share with you our tactics and tips.
Week 1: How do I keep on top of all my social media channels?
Managing multiple accounts – tools, tips and scheduling
• Using Google Chrome to manage multiple accounts
• Hootsuite and Tweetdeck
• Scheduling status updates
• Mobile Phone apps
Week 2: What do I say?
Creating a content strategy for your social media channels that is tailored to each platform.
• Types of content and which work best on which platforms
• Planning content on a calendar – public events and sector-related events
Week 3: How do I keep sharing interesting content and keep on top of new trends? Creating a content discovery environment.
• Content curation tools: paper.li, Summify, Tweeted Times etc.
• Google alerts and Google Reader
• Filtering social media channels such as twitter
Week 4: How do I keep people engaged?
Using your social media channels to build an online community that keeps coming back for more.
• Using groups in Facebook and LinkedIn
• Hosting or joining in a hashtag chat in twitter
• Creating a self-sustaining community
Reach Further brings people together online to share, to work and to learn in online communities and social networks.
We help organisations & individuals make the most of the social web through training courses, consultancy, & social media strategy creation & delivery.
We are interested in ensuring that you have the skills, knowledge, and attitude in your own team to make social media work for you. Whether that's a Community of Practice to share specialist knowledge, or a social networking strategy to engage people online.
We empower you to reach further online and in business.