This workshop will last 4.5 hours long including a 30-minute break where a light lunch will be provided.
Do you sit in front of your computer unsure whether to press that button for fear of what you will do? Don't let fear hold you back. This workshop is aimed at new business owners, entrepreneurs or those new to Social media who want to learn about Social Media in a relax and friendly environment.
Your host, Anita Wong has been successfully running several corporate social media accounts for several years and is actively teaching social media and web design on a 1 to 1 basis to entrepreneurs, small business owners and people like yourself. After teaching social media on a 1 to 1 basis, she has taken all her feedback and questions and bundled them into this fantastic workshop.
This workshop is Ideally for beginners, although it would also suit those who have some understanding of Social media as the practical part of the workshop will also help those who are very nervous about using social media in their personal and business lives.
This workshop will cover
- What is social media
- How Social Media can grow your business
- How search works on the Internet
- What is Twitter and how to open and set up an account
- How to send a Tweet including tweet length, uploading an image, what are hashtags and linking your post back to your website.
- What is Facebook and how to set up a profile page and then a business page
- How to post to Facebook including uploading an image and linking your post back to your website
- How to save interesting articles in your feed
- How to create a private and public Facebook Event
- What are Facebook groups
- What is Google+ and how to set up a Google + page and how to get your new business registered on Google + business
- How to post to Google + including uploading an image and linking your post back to your website.
- Hootsuite scheduling and how it can transform your social media posts
- An introduction to Facebook/Google/Twitter Insights
Ideally, after attending this workshop you will be in a position to take control of your basic social media needs and be able to promote your business successfully on the three main social media platforms covered.
You should with practice be able to
- Create and post thought provoking, lead generating posts to at least three social media platforms using Facebook, Twitter & Google + or another suitable social media platform itself or by scheduling them via Hootsuite.
- Have an understanding of what Social Media is and how its growing following is transforming the way we do business.
- How search works and how the content of your posts can affect how your post is found on the major search engines.
- How to find content on the internet and share it with your social media followers including saving other feeds content for use later.
- Understand how image copyright works and How to upload images to your social media and how to find images on free photo sites.
- Know how to create and set up a Facebook event page and when to use them to promote your business.
- Know all about Facebook groups and how you can use these to share and promote content
- Have an understanding how to find and view various social media platform insights and how you can use them to identify when to or how to post.
Workshop includes: 21 Days Free Email support after every workshop
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available on the side streets FREE between 10am-3pm. The venue is 5 minute walk from central Ealing Broadway's tube and bus terminals
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You can bring your laptop although not essential. Some pre workshop information will be sent to you prior to the event.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact Anita on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07885732223
Recent Reviews from previous attendees and 1 to 1 clients:
I spent 4 hours with Anita – she came to my home and worked on my PC with me which was so convenient. I’ve been looking for this kind of flexible service, rather than a hugely expensive and complex campaign for some time an I’m so glad we found Bommie Media. In a very short period of time, she gave me the tools and the confidence to boost our social media presence and get cracking on my own. We sorted out a few Facebook & Twitter glitches, my phone Apps and set up my Mailchimp mailshot account. Got lots of very helpful advice and tips too. I’ll definitely be back for more advice in the near future when I’m ready for the next stage. Worth every penny and highly recommended. Thanks, Anita! Jo x JJ Occasions
I attended Anita's Social Media Mastery course today. It was very helpful. Anita went through everything on a step by step basis which suited the skills of those attending. I can now navigate my way through Hootsuite to organise posts on a weekly basis via a variety of media. This means I can put some time aside to organise my posts for the whole week rather than ad hoc posting which I had been doing. A really useful course, thanks Anita. Jackie Graham Jackiegrahamacupuncture.com
Anita helped me set up the social media platforms for my new business. As someone with pretty much zero knowledge on business in social media, Anita was incredible in explaining and walking me through what was needed as well as giving me ideas and tips on networking through the platforms! Alison Woombell Arborne International