social networking ZERO
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM (BST)
Having tried things like GeekUp and ultimately decided that it's the wrong crowd for me, I've been thinking recently about how there isn't a night that happens in Leeds for people like me... And so I've decided to try to organise something myself. For people who work hard in the digital marketing agencies of Leeds (or those that want to!) - it's just a night where you can...:
- network with your peers who do the same jobs as you
- talk about the industry as it stands and how the recession is making agencies boom AND making agencies bust
- where you can exchange ideas about...
- Social Media
- JPG vs. PNG vs. GIF
- SifR vs. Canvas
- Transitional vs. Strict
- Do you use Waterfall or Agile? Or bastardise them?
- Preferred management styles: Dictator vs. Democracy
- Is MSN allowed or banned in your agency? Does it help or hinder productivity?
- Chat about thebest and worst recruitment agencies of Leeds
- The real "none-carsonified" future of Web design and Web applications...
Of course, these are only suggestions and there will be no dictatorship on the night demanding that you talk about any of those things... talk about how Ocado didn't deliver your shopping on time, or how the insurance advert with Iggy Pop makes you insane if that's more your cup of tea!
So, in an atmosphere that is befitting digital marketing professionals - somewhere with running water, electricity and nice wallpaper - and somewhere without free wi-fi ... Now confirmed as upstairs at the Adelphi ... it will be an evening that is all about social networking ZERO - that is talking to each other - programmers, designers, account managers, managing and financial directors, EVERYONE welcome! Even the information architects and copywriters. And new business people too.
Not yet made it into the industry, but have a love of digital things and are looking to speak to the people who can drunkenly inform you what not to do to make your mark? It's for you too..