Social Science Fair
Are you thinking of studying politics, psychology or criminology at university?
Join academics from the School of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Kingston University for a variety of taster sessions and activities on Politics, Psychology and Criminology, and to hear more about what it’s like to study one of our courses!
Pick and mix which interactive sessions you’d like to attend. You can choose three from any field:
• What is your ideological position? - Political compass exercise and political ‘speed dating’ exercise (Radu Cinpoes, Head of Politics and International Relations)
• Direct democracy vs. representative democracy – Simulation exercise on decision-making processes
• Politics and Human Rights team quiz.
• Spot the Liar (Dr Jackie Hillman)
• Where do stereotypes come from? (Dr Emma O’Dwyer)
• What psychology can teach us about driving (Professor Phil Terry)
• Development in infants and children (Dr Jo Van Herwegen)
• Understanding phantom limbs (Dr Sabira Mannan).
• Everyday Criminology: How do we communicate? (Cecilia Cappel)
• How do we know something is a crime?
• What makes some people criminal and others not?
Date and Time
Room 2002 - John Galsworthy building
Kingston University London, Penrhyn Road
Kingston upon Thames